JEE Main Online Counselling 2013
CBSE and CSAB are two different and independent boards. CBSE conducted JEE (Main) examination and publisheed the merit list. CSAB only uses the merit list published by CBSE for seat allocation purposes.Rank list already published,Pls print out fromwebsite www.csab.in .
- About 1.6million students have appeared for JEE (Main) this year and our endeavor has been to make the seat allocation and admission process as candidate friendly as possible so as to reduce the anxiety and inconvenience associated with the admissions as per statement of CSAB.
- It would involve two rounds of seat allocation instead of four rounds of seat allocation as compared to last year.
- Seats in CSAB will be allocated on the basis of JEE (Main) All India Ranks of the candidates provided by CBSE. No other rank will be used for seat allocation.
- In NITs, 50% of the seats will be from Home State (HS) Quota and the remaining 50% from Others State (OS) Quota, i.e., all Other States and UTs except the Home State. Other states exclude home state. In CFTIs, IIITs and SFTIs the seats will allocated on basis of HS/OS/All India Quota as applicable.
- There are different types of participating institutes, viz., NITs, IIITs, Central/State Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) and Self-Financed Technical Institutes (SFTIs) in which admissions are being done through CSAB.
- 30 NITs, 6 IIITs/IIITM/IIITDM, 13 Central/State Government funded Institutes and Self Financed Technical Institutes (SFTIs) will admit candidates on the basis of their rank in JEE (Main)-2013 Common Merit List (CML) to the first year of Engineering/Technology and Architecture/Planning programmes through a centralized seat allocation procedure, for the academic session 2013-14.
The entire seat allocation process comprises of four steps:
Step 1. Online registration: In this process, candidates eligible for central seat allocation should register themselves for online seat allocation in the CSAB website during July 01-05, 2013 from places convenient to them. Spot Round and Extra Spot Round registrations can only be done during July 17-20, 2013.
Step 2. Online choice filling and locking of choices: After registration during July 01-05, 2013, candidates will be able to exercise their choices of branch and institute on the CSAB website using Internet during July 01-08, 2013 from places convenient to them. Candidates can lock their choices during July 06-08, 2013 and must lock the choices latest by 05:00 PM of July 08, 2013 from any place of convenience. The order of the choices is important and the seats will be allocated to the candidates in the order of the choices only.
Step 3. Declaration of Seat Allocation and Document verification: Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in the order of merit (JEE (Main)-2013 All India Rank) over two rounds of allocation. Candidates who are allocated a seat will report to any one of the ‘Reporting Centers’ during the time frames specified, get the documents verified and pay the initial fee to mark their acceptance of the offer of seat. They will also be issued a provisional admission letter.
Step 4. Getting Admitted to Allocated Institute: Candidates are required to be physically present at the Institute where the candidate is getting admitted (herein after called ‘Allocated Institute’) after verification of all original documents as per the procedure of the allocated institute.
Online Registration (July 01-05, 2013)
- All eligible candidates must register online during July 01-05, 2013 on the CSAB website www.csab.in latest by 05:00 PM of July 05, 2013.
- All candidates must verify their personal information during online registration.
- Candidates must provide their mobile numbers and bank account details for registration purpose. This information shall be used for refund (if any) as well as for emergent communication if any. Candidates are advised to be careful in filling this information as the CSAB will not be responsible for any situation arising out of wrong information given by the candidates.
Online Choice Filling and Locking of Choices
- On line choice filling can be done during July 01-08, 2013 on or before 05:00 PM of July 08, 2013.
- During the period of choice filling, the candidates are free to change, reorder, delete and add their choices of branches/institutes as per their preference. The modifications will not be possible once the choces are locked.
- All the candidates must lock their choices during July 06-08, 2013 on or before 05:00 PM of July 08, 2013.
- Candidates will not be able to unlock their choices once they have locked it.
- If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 05.00 PM of July 08, 2013, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after this deadline.
- Candidates may take printout of their locked choices for their own reference.
- The choices made by the candidate are not changeable after locking and shall be used for the seat allocation for both first and second round.
- Registered candidates who did not fill any choices or failed to save them cannot be considered for seat allocation and admission. However, they may participate for the spot round and extra spot round seat allocation, if they give choices for these rounds, during July 17-20, 2013.
- Some of the Institutes and branches have additional restrictions on qualifications, age, gender and categories. These restrictions are given in Section 7.3. Candidates are advised to carefully go through Section 7.3 before filling their choices in order to ensure that they satisfy all the additional criteria for these branches/institutes. CSAB will not be responsible for any errors/misjudgments on the part of the candidates.
- The First Round of seat allocation will be displayed on July 09, 2013 in the website www.csab.in
- Individual allocation letters will NOT be sent to the candidates.
- Candidates shall pay an initial fee of Rs.40,000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand only). The fee can be paid in advance through any one of following modes: (i) Online payment using Debit/Credit card, (ii) NEFT (iii) e-challan and (iv) Netbanking. The fee may also be paid through Demand Draft; in such cases the same shall be produced at the time of reporting.
- If the payment is through Demand Draft, the candidates have to pay Rs. 41,000/- which includes an extra non-refundable processing fee amount of Rs. 1000/-.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favor of “Chairman, CSAB-2013”, payable at Rourkela.
Release of JEE (Main) All India Ranks by CBSE———————————— July 01, 2013
Registration for CSAB-2013 [after release of JEE (Main) AIR ] —————-July 01 – 05, 2013 (5PM)
Choice Filling for CSAB-2013 (after registration only) —————————July 01 – 08, 2013 (5PM)
Choice Locking by the candidates—————————————————— July 06 – 08, 2013 (5PM)
Display of Seat Allocation Results for the First Round————————— July 09, 2013
Reporting at Reporting Centers———————————————————- July 09 – 12, 2013 (5PM)
Display of Seat Allocation Results for the Second Round including seat
upgradation of first round provisionally admitted candidates —————–July 13, 2013
Document Verification at Reporting Centers (for fresh allotees of the Second Round)—- July 13 – 16, 2013
Last date of withdrawal by the provisionally admitted candidates
(withdrawals can be done only at reporting centers) ——————————July 16, 2013 (4PM)
Display of Seat Allocation Results after seat upgradaton (if any) for both
first and second round provisionally admitted candidates (no withdrawals are allowed) —July 17, 2013
Display of vacancy positions for Spot Round and Extra Spot Round July 17, 2013
Registration, choice filling, fee payment and locking of choices for
Spot Round and Extra Spot Round for vacant seats. Locking of choices at RCs only. ———-July 17 – 20, 2013
Display of seat allocation results for Spot Round and Extra Spot Round —————————July 21, 2013
Admission and reporting at allocated institutes———————————————————— July 22 – 26, 2013
Seat Matrix in next.